The IAM William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center (W3 Center) in Hollywood, MD, will open its doors to participants on August 1, resuming in-person programs for the first time since March 2020.
“We cannot wait to welcome the membership back to their facility,” said Winpisinger Center Director Chris Wagoner. “Our instructors and members quickly and successfully adapted to an online learning environment, but there’s nothing like face-to-face worker education to build and strengthen relationships among our participants. These experiences foster a lifelong investment in learning, build solidarity, and help sustain collective action efforts among members, officers, activists and staff.”
“Education has always been essential to the mission of the Machinists Union, and no facility does it better than the William W. Winpisinger Center,” said IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr. “Health and safety is our priority in reopening, and we will go above and beyond to ensure a safe learning environment for participants and staff. We are excited to welcome members back to the Winpisinger Center.”
Because the safety of member participants and staff is of the utmost importance, the W3 Center will return with a phased reopening schedule and a strict set of protocols and procedures. The W3 Center will continuously reassess all safety measures in accordance with CDC, state and local guidelines—and where appropriate, make necessary changes.
- All participants are required to provide proof of vaccination prior to purchase of travel to attend class.
- All participants will be required to mask and socially distance while at the W3 Center.
- All W3 Center employees are fully vaccinated.
- Leadership programs are limited to 50 percent enrollment.
- Guest rooms will not exceed 50 percent capacity. Each will be cleaned and sanitized daily and will not be occupied for one week after use.
- Classrooms and dining room will be cleaned and sanitized throughout each day, and set up to allow for social distancing.
- Participants will not be allowed to bring guests at this time.
- The W3 Center will carefully and fully follow CDC recommendations and fully comply with State of Maryland laws and the St. Mary’s County Department of Health guidelines.
Registration is open for leadership and staff programs, and the calendar is now available online.
The post Registration Open for 2021 In-Person Winpisinger Center Programs appeared first on IAMAW.